Wednesday, July 22, 2009

More than 6 Months since I Quit Smoking

As of July 10, I will have quit smoking cigarettes which will make it a little over 6 months. In that 6 months I have not had a single puff, Not One! It has not been an easy road and I am very proud of being able to quit smoking. In fact, I think it is a miracle.
For those that are trying to quit, or will soon be quitting, I can't stress enough how important it is too get mentally prepared first and win the battle in your mind. I would love to smoke a cigarette right now but I know I can't. I don't or won't even let my mind debate it. Folks win that battle and the cravings will go by a little quicker.
As far as my cravings go, I still have them regularly and sometimes they are intense. I really thought that after 6 months the cravings wouldn't be too severe and maybe just a few times a week. Not for me though, I own a business and things are not going that well and its damn stressful. I can't believe I have been able to beat smoking but I have.
I'm really busy now so I need to run and I will try to check in more frequently.


YOU CAN DO IT

1 comment:

  1. You should be so proud of your accomplishment! Staying motivated can be really difficult, but you seem to have lots of determination and a realistic view of the constant obstacles quitters face. To continue staying on track, it may be helpful to keep in mind the message behind Quit and Stay Quit Monday. At the start of each new week, recommit to your quit and stay motivated. You may want to check out
    http://www.healthymonday.org/quit-and-stay-quit-monday/ for more tools and to learn more about Healthy Monday's initiative to promote smoke cessasion. Congratulations on your 6 months of success!

    ReplyDelete